Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
CARMEN M. CARTER, M.S., PHR
Over 20 Years Business & Industry Experience Including Leadership Roles In Fortune Companies
Energy, financial Services, Manufacturing, Food Services, Academia, Non-profit, Government, Community-Based, Media, Management Consulting
Just-in-Time HR & Diversity Business Partner hired to work with leaders to design, direct, and execute full cycles of complex, multi-site human resource, compliance and diversity frameworks, conduct assessments, investigations, DOL audits, Affirmative Action Plans (Establishment & Functional), and interface with external agencies. Accounting & HR professional highly skilled in HR analytics. Seasoned interpreter of government regulations, Fair Employment Practices, Uniform Guidelines, Title VII,. charge In-take interviews and fact-finding investigations, including priority charge handling, statistical analysis, preparation of recommendations and position statements for Corporate General Counsels, EEOC Staff Attorneys, and investigative units. Dynamic trainer and public speaker.
- Planned, led and closed client DOL audits and mitigated risk to > $1.8 Billion in government contract revenue.
- Forged external relationships in community and developed enterprise-wide diversity strategies to attract, recruit, and retain talent for cost savings of $6M.
- Developed “On Demand” system to mitigate compliance risk, reduce cycle time, identify talent pipelines, gaps, and areas of risk by at least 50% within the first 90 days.
- Developed and implemented 1 sustainable competency-based mentoring program to increase diversity in recruiting and talent pipelines, and still achieving results today (10 years later).
- Created and implemented the1st Employer EEO & AA Internal Audit and Reporting System (Compliance Center of Excellence) resulting in annual compliance training, 100% audit rate (at desk audit phase), 24-month DOL audit moratorium, recruitment compliance, applicant tracking system, compensation equity, and mitigation of risk to > $3.8 Billion.
Education & Certifications
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, WI - Masters in Industrial & Labor Relations / M.S. (With Honors) Thesis: Diversity and the Empirical Structure of Affirmative Action & Implications for Human Resources
- Jackson State University - Jackson, MS - B.S. Accounting (With Honors)
- HR Certification Institute – Professional in Human Resources (PHR) ¨ Development Dimensions International – Certified Trainer / Targeted Selection Facilitator
- University of Phoenix – Certified Faculty (Graduate & Undergraduate School of Business)
Honors & Affiliations
- International Mentoring Association - Board of Directors (2002 - 2010
- Who’s Who in Black Houston (2007) / Texas Diversity in Leadership Award (2006
- Rolling Out Magazine – 40 Under 40 (2006) /YMCA Minority Achiever (2004)
- Federation of Houston Professional Women – Woman of Excellence (2003)
- Diversityinc.com - Corporate America’s Top Diversity Leader Profile (2002)
- Leadership Houston Class XXI
Presentations & Publications (Select List)
- Carter. Diversity on Demand – Implementing Talent Management & Inclusive Recruiting Strategies. 2012.
- Carter. Diversity Unleashed – Working Together United in Purpose. 2011
- Carter. The Inclusion Mindset. 2010.
- Carter. Discrimination, Lies, & the EEOC. 2008
- Carter. Developing a Recruiting Strategy – Easy as 1-2-3. 2007.
- Carter. Do It Yourself Diversity. 2007.
- Carter. Bridging the Racial Divide. 2006.
- Carter. Affirmative Action & Diversity – What Every Manager Should Know About EEO Compliance. 2005. Carter. Inside Diversity – What You Don’t Know Could Really Help You. 2005.
- Carter. Affirmative Action and Diversity – The House Divided. 2004.
- Carter. Multicultural Talent Development – A Blueprint for Inclusion. 2003.